Episode 5: Too Many Resources and Too Little Time: A Mentoring Moment with Nicole Martin.
[smart_track_player url="http://traffic.libsyn.com/makemathmoments/005_-_Too_Many_Resources_and_Too_Little_Time_-_A_Mentoring_Moment_with_Nicole_Martin.mp3" ]
In our first Mentoring Moments episode we chat with Nicole Martin, a 3rd/4th grade math teacher in Las Vegas Nevada. Nicole shares with us how after finding so many great math resources online such as 3 act math tasks, estimation 180 and more, she struggles to organize her math block to include these resources with intentionality on an ongoing basis. Listen in as we hear Nicole’s story and the tips we give her to try out in her classroom.
- Andrew Stadel’s Classroom clock Ignite Talk from NCTM 2016
- Estimation 180
- Steve Wybourney’s Splat, Esti-mysteries, Maze Hundred Chart
- Engage NY / Eureka Math / Zearrn
- Christina’s Tondevold’s Build Math Minds
- 3 Act Math Task – The 3 Acts of a Mathematical Story
- Number Talks (book) Sherry Perrish
- Minilessons – Cathy Fosnot
- Good Ways to DIfferentiate Mathematics Instruction. Marian Small (Book).
- Teaching Through Task from Tap Into Teen Minds
5 Practices for Orchestating Productive Mathematical Discussions (book).
- Andrew’s Stadel – File Cabinet Problem
- Robert Kaplinsky – Real World Problems
Thanks For Listening
- Apply for a Math Mentoring Moment
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter, or Facebook.
To help out the show: