Episode 6: Looking for Joy in Mathematics: An Interview with James Tanton
- Why Education at all levels K-12 is intellectually rich, profound, deep, wonderful, and equally important.
- How to make math joyous, wonderful, and human.
- Why we teachers don’t always have to be the experts in the room.
- The Power of symmetry in math education.
- Clues throughout algebra that speak geometry.
- The human story of mathematics is a visual one.
- The power of place value. Exploding Dots gives a visual model for place value.
- Why we should empower students to choose their own models to showcase their thinking.
Our Sponsor: Wipebook
Get a 25% discount on the Wipebook Educator Starter Pack by checking out:
mathmoments.wipebook.ca for shipping in Canada
mathmoments.wipebook.com for everywhere else
Links related to this episode:
Thanks For Listening
- Apply for a Math Mentoring Moment
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter, or Facebook.
To help out the show: