Episode 9: Planning with Intentionality: A Math Mentoring Moment with Kirsten Dyck
In Episode 9 of the Making Math Moments That Matter Podcast we have another Mentoring Moment episode coming your way with Kirsten Dyck, a grade 7/8/9 math teacher in rural Saskatchewan. Kirsten is working though how to bring out effective learning goals in all the great lesson ideas she’s already using. Listen in as we welcome Kirsten to the podcast and we all put our minds together to work through this very common challenge we all experience across the grades.
With so many resources available to us in the 21st Century, it can be really challenging to determine which resources I should use for what lessons. How can I fit them all in? Never fear, in this Math Mentoring Moment, we dive deep into https://learnatcentral.org/mla/describe-a-busy-street-essay/34/ https://thejeffreyfoundation.org/newsletter/a-l-english-past-papers-sri-lanka/17/ esl home work editor service gb dream house essay content analysis paper https://caberfaepeaks.com/school/pre-calc-homework-help/27/ interesting topics for a process essay source site how to cite a thesis turabian stanford 2009 essays essay about michael jackson life musztarda dziaa jak viagra nonno.viagra libero the kite runner sample essays click ana zapata viagra ads https://heystamford.com/writing/custom-made-term-papers/8/ open campus policy essay https://chanelmovingforward.com/stories/write-history-dissertation-hypothesis/51/ american romanticism essay topics admin clerical resume what is the thesis of letter from birmingham jail follow pay someone to do your homework safe viagra maximum safe dose persuasive analysis essay topics http://compbio.mit.edu/wiki/images/?pdf=thesis-statement-of-the-gettysburg-address dissertation franais 3eme introduction how to write an evaluation for science coursework camus essay topics marketing assignment https://mnscha.org/advised/purple-viagra-pill-images/38/ how to plan your lessons with intentionality to ensure that you are selecting the most appropriate resources for the learning goal you have set out to achieve. Get ready to hear more about 3 Act Math Tasks, Number Talks, Vertical Non-Permanent Surfaces (VNPS), and even the 5 Practices for Orchestrating Productive Discussions in Mathematics.
- Dan Meyer’s TED Talk – Math Class Needs A Makeover
- Number Talks – Sherry Perrish
- Which One Doesn’t Belong?
- Peter Liljedahl – Building Thinking Classrooms & VNPS
- Wipebook – 25% Teacher Discount http://mathmoments.wipebook.ca (Canada) and http://mathmoments.wipebook.com (US & Outside Canada)
- Quick Draw: Developing Spatial Sense in Mathematics by Grayson Wheatley
- Jo Boaler Visual Math Talks Example
- Graham Fletcher’s Multiplication Subitizing and Array Flash Cards
- The Fractions Learning Pathways
- Math = Love by Sarah Carter
- Teaching Through Task
- Spiralling Resources
- 5 Practices for Orchestrating Productive Mathematical Discussions
LEARN MORE about our Online Workshop: Making Math Moments That Matter. https://makemathmoments.com/onlineworkshop
LEARN MORE about our Online Workshop: Making Math Moments That Matter: Helping Teachers Build Resilient Problem Solvers. https://makemathmoments.com/onlineworkshop
Thanks For Listening
- Apply for a Math Mentoring Moment
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter, or Facebook.
To help out the show: