Episode #10: Mathematical Mindsets: An Interview With Dr. Jo Boaler
Our conversation begins with Jo sharing some of her memorable moments from math class followed by a rich discussion about the importance of thinking deeply to communicate mathematical understanding, ideas for differentiation in the math classroom, teaching through task, and much more!
- How math is visual and by teaching with visual resources we can strengthen our students understanding.
- Why math class needs to be social and collaborative instead of isolated.
- How to differentiate your math lessons with intentionality.
- Why we need more than just memorization of math facts and procedures.
- How to meet your standards while teaching through tasks.
- Making Math Moments That Matter Online Workshop http://makemathmoments.com/onlineworkshop
- YouCubed www.YouCubed.org
- Mathematical Mindsets [Book]
- What’s Math Got To Do With It? [Book]
- Mindset Mathematics [Books]
- Math Is Visual www.mathisvisual.com
- Math Is Like… http://mrorr-isageek.com/math-is-like-first-day/
MAKING MATH MOMENTS ACADEMY
YOUR ROADMAP TO AN INSPIRING MATH CLASS
LEARN MORE about our Online Workshop: Making Math Moments That Matter: Helping Teachers Build Resilient Problem Solvers. http://makemathmoments.com/onlineworkshop
Thanks For Listening
- Apply for a Math Mentoring Moment
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter, or Facebook.
To help out the show:
STAY IN THE LOOP:
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
KYLE PEARCE & JON ORR