Episode #40: How Do I Know When To Proceed Or Pivot My Plan? – [Math Mentoring Moment]
This week we speak with Michael Rubin, a Math Moment Maker who has been diving into a TON of Math Professional Learning over the past year as he gears up to make a return to the math classroom. Join in on the conversation as Michael shares his recent successes learning from the many math educators sharing online, our weekly tasks/tips/tools weekly email, as well as some epiphanies he’s had since taking our Online Workshop recently.
- How Do I Teach Through Task?
- What Learning & Preparation Do I Need To Do?
- What Strategies Can Help All My Students?
- What is Spiralling & Why Everyone Should Be Doing It?
- What Should I Consider When Planning To Spiral?
- How Long Should A Cycle Typically Take?
- How Can I Help Struggling Students?
- Dan Meyer – Math Class needs a makeover.
- How to change a textbook problem post mrorr-isageek.com
- Routines for Reasoning [book]
- CPM → spiralling the curriculum
- Michael’s Notes from the meeting
- Mathematical Mindset [book]- Jo Boaler
- Jo Boaler on Making Math Moments That Matter Podcast Episode #10
- Make Math Moments Task Search Engine
- Dandy Candies 3 act math – Dan Meyer
MAKING MATH MOMENTS ACADEMY
YOUR ROADMAP TO AN INSPIRING MATH CLASS
Thanks For Listening
- Apply for a Math Mentoring Moment
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter, or Facebook.
To help out the show:
STAY IN THE LOOP:
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
KYLE PEARCE & JON ORR