Episode #11: Play is the Engine of Learning: An Interview With Dan Finkel
Play is the engine of learning, that’s the mission of Dan Finkel and his team at MathForLove.com. Over the next 60 minutes, we’ll dive into Dan’s story about how he fell in love with math and in particular, teaching with games in the math classroom, he’ll give us some background behind his extremely popular TED Talk on the 5 principles of extraordinary math teaching and he’ll give us 3 things he looks for when selecting games for use in the math classroom.
- How playing games can strengthen our math skills.
- Lessons we learn from games can have an impact in our own math learning.
- Three conditions for games in the math classroom.
WATCH JON PLAY THE GAME OF NIM WITH HIS DAUGHTERS JULES & LUCIE
LEARN MORE about our Online Workshop: Making Math Moments That Matter: Helping Teachers Build Resilient Problem Solvers. http://makemathmoments.com/onlineworkshop
Thanks For Listening
- Apply for a Math Mentoring Moment
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter, or Facebook.
To help out the show: