Episode #26: How To Overcome A Common Math Myth From K Through College
In this episode you’ll get to spend some time with Jon and Kyle as we share the story of a recent school walk-through that we participated in recently while attending a conference. The story leads into a common math teaching myth about how we prepare our students for the next grade level.
- 7 Strategies to help overcome the “I have to prepare my students for grade _____”
- Why this myth hurts student learning.
- How we can use explicit strategies to overcome the myth.
- Tips on how to communicate your teaching beliefs with the stakeholders of your classroom.
Grab THE PDF CHEAT SHEET
We'll send you the two-page PDF cheat sheet from the episode. We'll also keep you updated with weekly emails.
- Multiplication Squares Game
- Concept Based Mathematics [Book – by Jennifer Wathall]
- Every Math Learner [Book – by Nanci N. Smith]
- The Coaching Habit [Book – by Michael Bungay Stanier]
Learn to see if your Make Math Moments Academy is right for you.
MAKING MATH MOMENTS ACADEMY
YOUR ROADMAP TO AN INSPIRING MATH CLASS
Thanks For Listening
- Apply for a Math Mentoring Moment
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter, or Facebook.
To help out the show:
STAY IN THE LOOP:
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
KYLE PEARCE & JON ORR