Episode #38: How to Move Beyond Answer Getting. A Math Mentoring Moment
In this Math Mentoring Moment episode we speak with a year 1 (first grade) teacher Sierra Classen in her second year of teaching from Melbourne, Australia. Listen in as we work through this common struggle we have all faced – either currently or in the past – related to students hyper focusing on answer getting over process.
- Strategies to help your students re-think the purpose of math class.
- How games can shape math lessons
- Why number talks are great culture builders
- Characteristics of effective math instruction
- Two Types of questions you should avoid answering
MAKING MATH MOMENTS ACADEMY
YOUR ROADMAP TO AN INSPIRING MATH CLASS
Thanks For Listening
- Apply for a Math Mentoring Moment
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter, or Facebook.
To help out the show:
STAY IN THE LOOP:
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
KYLE PEARCE & JON ORR