Episode #45 – Global Math Week, Exploding Dots, and James Tanton
Today we bring back one of our very first guests: James Tanton back on the show! We love talking to James because he is so passionate about the discipline of mathematics and he has some exciting, timely news to share!
We chatted with James way back in episode #6 where we discussed his math background, his memorable math moment and his passionate views on mathematics. If you haven’t got a chance to listen to episode 6 you should jump over to that episode right now and give that a listen, then come back here to hear James talk more about Exploding dots, how teaching polynomial division is the same as multiplying in grade 5 and vice versa, and he fills us in on Global Math Week and how you can get involved.
- What are Exploding dots how they help you teach place value.
- School mathematics is about learning about being human.
- How teaching polynomial division is the same as multiplying in grade 5 and vice versa
- What is Global Math Week and how you can get involved.
In our six module (16 week) online workshop you’ll learn how to build and adjust your own lessons that engage students, build deeper understanding of math, and promote resilience in problem solving.
PERFECT IF YOU TEACH GRADES 3 through 10
We’ll release one module each week for the first 6 weeks. Then you’ll have another 10 weeks to work through the content ON YOUR SCHEDULE!
Thanks For Listening
- Apply for a Math Mentoring Moment
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Share this show on Twitter, or Facebook.
To help out the show:
STAY IN THE LOOP:
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
KYLE PEARCE & JON ORR